Thursday, April 10, 2008

DAY 5 — The Panic Sets In

So much to do with the couple of days I have left of this Break. I always seem to make a TO DO list that far exceeds the number of hours in a day.

Category 1: Craft
Today was all about the shower. Here's a sneak peek at one of the projects I finished up today. I love making events special for people, especially for the guest of honor (and her twin girls we've yet to meet). What I've done cost very little money; it was more time spent than cash. And that's what I love about creative crafting.
Category 6: Harleigh
Thanks to Manuela of The Feathered Nest, I now know about discounted flowers at my neighborhood Kroger. So I went out today and bought these dozen roses in a peachy pink for Harleigh's room, to welcome her home.
Category 7: Me
My girlfriend Ali called this evening, and let me just tell you . . . every woman should have an Ali in her life. She is sweet, funny, confident, creative, articulate and cute to boot. We chatted and laughed. She told me that I needed to slow down a bit during this Break and do something that didn't involve my hands and thinking or concentrating. Ali, our call was just that. A break from all that I'm doing to talk with reckless abandon like only two women can do. Thank you. Her blog is every bit as inspiring as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment