Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Resolution

As organized as I am, and as much as I can get done in a given day, you'd think my at-home paperwork situation would be picture-perfect. But it's far from it. I think my avoidance of filing, paying bills (I wait until the absolute last minute to tackle that ugly chore) and just plain dealing with all the paperwork has everything to do with the fiscally crappy situation that I was in during my married years. I'd sit at the kitchen table, buried in bills, bogged down with my ex-husband's medical bills and records, feeling overwhelmed and helpless. I've seen the light now. I'm financially fit and in control of my own fiscal future, but the memory of it all still cripples me.

This year I vow to get the paperwork under control. Does this mean a better way to organize the mounting paperwork? A set day every week to balance my checkbook and do filing? A reward system for moi for when I get a paper-oriented task done? Maybe it's a designated work space? (Right now we have the computer table in the rumpus room with my filing cabinet next to it, but it's more a family space and not one strictly for me and my stuff.) Maybe I enter the modern world and get rid of much of the paper I process, knowing that records exist electronically.

Any tips would be much appreciated. I'd like this burden lessened as I enter into 2009.

[Photo by: Camilo Rueda López]

No comments:

Post a Comment