Friday, April 8, 2011

The Task of Creating the Perfect Business Card

With all the event planning I'm involved in outside of work, I was long overdue to have a business card. It's a bit of a daunting task to create a calling card, a reflection of yourself on a 2" x3" piece of paper, not to mention the choices . . . fonts, paper, logo, name. Well, I decided to ask co-worker and designer Laura to help me out. I told her that I love those old-timey sewing labels that you can have personalized, but at the same time didn't want a card that felt dated or too kitschy. Decided on just plain ol' Dawn Gahan with my contact information.

Laura pulled through in a big way, creating 5 different cards, all the same but in different colors. And the back of each is a solid field of the font color on the front. From there I sewed fabric on the back of each and trimmed with pinking shears. I adore how the color peeks out from underneath the fabric; such a subtle but careful detail. These fabrics are what I had on hand, but plan on looking for lots more. Each card is different, I can customize with the event in mind (for instance, a flannel with pastel animals for a baby shower).

Love them, Laura!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment