Friday, November 19, 2010

Physical Abuse or Discipline?

I was recently confronted with a trying topic. How far is too far when parents are teaching a lesson? I would like to hear comments on this so please do not be afraid to comment. Personally, I was never spanked as a child, but I do not find it acceptable. It kills me to be in the grocery store with my mom and see a parent snap on a child who did a small thing wrong. The parent is just taking their frustrations out on the child. This is not fair and can be easily fixed by determining where the parent gets their anger from.


I believe once you are past the age of 6, your parents should never physically discipline you again. No matter how much the child may be convinced they deserve it, it should never be tolerated. No human being has to live through that. We all deserve these basic rights. Even if you do something wrong, there is just absolutely no excuse.


Another argument could be that the family may not be controllable without this form of punishment. This is ridiculous. Every family can be controlled and disciplined reasonably. Everyone has good in them and every child can be disciplined by being talked to or having time outs. They do not need to be mentally or physically abused.


DJ Brummer

No comments:

Post a Comment