If there's something to this reincarnation bit, I think it wouldn't be too bad to come back as John Legend.
The guy is talented: Singer-songwriter, amazing pianist, winner of multiple Grammy Awards. Smart: Ivy League education at Penn. Handsome: Duh. And plays well with others: The Roots, Kanye West, will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Andre 3000, to name just a few.
Ok, so maybe there's a little ego going on. Why else would John Stephens change his given name to John Legend? But if you can bring it, why not?
I think of John Legend as a younger, contemporary version of James Ingram. Great voice. Cool style. Makes everything he's involved in sound better. Such as...
"She Don't Have To Know."
"Where Did My Baby Go?"
"Save Room"
"Little Ghetto Boy"
This summer he'll be performing at the Rose Garden, opening for Sade. Happy to say Lori and I have got tickets for the Aug. 15 show.
No comments:
Post a Comment