Friday, February 6, 2009

The Splendid Table

I usually try to sleep in on Saturday mornings, at least until 9:00. But on the off chance that I am up at 7AM, I am dialed in to Lynne Rossetto Kasper's The Splendid Table on NPR. I love to bake and cook, I love NPR, and I especially adore the way Ms. Kasper talks about food. Her callers are always delightful, well-spoken people who pose the most interesting questions. And the bottom line is, that even the most basic question is answered by Ms. Kasper with such passion, detail . . and a voice "like butta." The other morning she and a caller had a conversation about the best way to fry chicken; I didn't want it to end.

Tune in if you get a chance. Check your local NPR listing; you may not have to wake up at 7:00 on a Saturday morning to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment