Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's official: Michigan vs. Alabama in 2012

See you in 2012 (what? A man can't dream?)
Confirming what everybody already knew, Michigan will face the Crimson Tide in Dallas on September 2nd, 2012.  The season opening game will be played at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, with Michigan designated as the away team and 'Bama the home squad.  Officials say tickets will be split 50/50 between the two schools.

A tip o' the hat to Michigan AD Dave Brandon for scheduling this game.  I'd much rather play a tough non-con game such as this - which, judging by current results, will be even more of a challenge - than a home game against some crap MAC school or 1-AA opponent.

You win just by stepping up, playing this game and having the eyes of the college football world focused on your school.  I, for one, can't wait (especially if the girl in this picture is there.  No, seriously, I think I have a shot.  I read somewhere she's got a thing for bloggers).


ED. NOTE:  In looking for a picture for this post initially using the search terms "Michigan Alabama" I learned that there are absolutely no words benign enough with Google's safe search turned off.  Now, what the word "Michigan" or "Alabama" has to do with the picture that "popped up" toward the bottom of the result page I don't know.  I can only assume that maybe the naked woman on the bed was from Michigan and the equally naked man thrusting his midsection in her face was from Alabama.  Outside of that, your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment