Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Aaah, Tuesday

Tuesday has become one of my favorite days of the week. It's the first day of my work week. It's also the night when I look forward to gathering with friends for our regular night of bowling in a co-ed beer league. We're stuck in 10th place out of 12 teams this season but I couldn't care less. The camaraderie is great.

Last week, I would have doubled the fun by heading over to the Aladdin Theatre for a concert. Unfortunately, my car had a dead battery so I had to settle for just getting to and from the bowling alley, courtesy of Lori and a teammate.

Had I been able to go, I would have seen Mayer Hawthorne. Don't know him or his music? He's a skinny white guy from Los Angeles (via Ann Arbor, Michigan) whose real name is Andrew Mayer Cohen. He's got a retro Motown sound that's easy on the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment