Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pittsburgh Trail Blazers?

Last month, when Lori and I visited Pittsburgh, the Major League Baseball season had just ended, so I couldn't make it out to the ballpark. But I at least wanted to leave town with a classic black-and-gold Pirates cap.

Who knew it would be so hard? I scoured the city in vain for five days. Maybe I should have known better.

When it comes to sports teams, Pittsburgh is Steeler Nation. And why not? With six Super Bowl championships, they've won more than any team in the National Football League. The Pirates, on the other hand, are the worst team in baseball.

The night before we were going to leave, Luke Lyons -- a friend of Simone and Kyndall's who's also a graduate student there -- came to the rescue and snagged one for me. This week, I finally managed to get to the mall here in Portland so I could return the favor.

Luke may be the only guy in the Steel City wearing a Trail Blazers hat. Looks good, doesn't it? Especially paired with that handsome Steelers jersey.

Bonus photo: At the Lincoln Memorial during the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment