Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why I got my cast


I got my cast when I was warming up at a varsity game and a ball came at my face at like ten miles. So I put my hand up to protect my face and I ended up popping my thumb out of socket and tearing some ligaments in it. Let's just say I felt my thumb hit the back of my hand and it felt gross every time I thought of it. So I went to the emergency room and they told me it was not broken so they gave me a splint. Well, the splint would bother me so I would take it off and when I did it would tear the tendon more. So I finally when to see an Orthopedist and he told me I was very close to taring it completely and having to have surgery. They decided to put a cast on me so I couldn't take it off and make it worse-- now I couldn't do sports. The good news is that it only have to have it on for two weeks. I'm hoping it will be better by then!




Kassy Dammerman








No comments:

Post a Comment