Thursday, July 3, 2008

People with No Consciences (and a Precious Boy to Remind Me of the Good in the World)

Today, I sat down at the computer to tackle the yucky chore of paying bills. And when reviewing my bank account online discovered a charge against my debit card that I had not made, for a restaurant around the corner from where we live. Called the bank first and they told me to start with the restaurant. Called them and found out that my debit card number had been used for a delivery order. They gave me the address of where the food was delivered and will get back to me so that I can be credited. It was only for $35, but I felt really violated. Called the bank, then, to cancel my card and make sure no other fraudulent purchases had been made. Then called the police to file a case. $35 or not, it's a crime and I ain't sitting around lettin' it happen. Armed with the address of the person who used my card number, it's super tempting to confront them myself, but I'll leave that to the police.

In the midst of all the phone calls it took to remedy the situation, I looked down at my feet and saw this sweet view of Gideon sleeping. As soon as I snapped the picture, he moved to the sofa and curled up there. What a precious boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment