Sunday, November 14, 2010

AAAUUUUGHHH!!!!!!

I am Charlie Brown.

Every Saturday I faithfully don my maize and blue attire, log on to my favorite blogs, fire up the phone to text Andy, oh, every 15 seconds and load the Twitter feed.
The crowd too is fired up and the sight of our uniforms and winged helmets in the frenzied stadium send a chill down my spine. The refrains of the band warm my cockles (look it up, yes, I too have cockles) and I am ready to GO! BLUE!

GAME TIME!!!

The teams come thru the tunnel onto the field, the coin is flipped, and BOOM off goes the kick.
This team sucks me in with an early, quick score. The offense shreds the other team's defense and Denard, well, is Denard---bless his maize and blue heart!

And then....
Rich Rod and his Coaching Crew pull that darned ball away and SPLAT.
I am flat on my back wondering how that ball got fumbled, that pick got thrown, that punt got shanked, that hole in the D was so big (and omnipresent), that field goal was missed (again), that 4th down was either gone for or not, and how in the heck did they score on that play.......

Yet somehow, RR et al. re-set the ball, find the magic, win the game, and I line up yet again. The defense didn't allow a TD??? Young James Rogers has TWO picks? Cameron Gordon recovers a fumble and takes it 58 yards to the house???? We still win despite 2 INTs and 3 fumbles and a revolving door at QB?
We are 7-3 !!!
Bowl Bound Again !!!

Yes, I am Charlie Brown. Trusting and naive. Hopeful and in love with all things Michigan football. Sure that they won't break my heart, make me shake my head in disbelief, or throw things again. Right? I mean right????

And waiting eagerly for next week!

GO BLUE !!!! BEAT WISCONSIN !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment