Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall is here, and I don't care if it's 90 degrees outside . . .

I keep grasping onto any little hint of Fall. The wind picks up . . . it's Fall! The temperature drops a few degrees . . . it's Fall. The community swimming pool is closed for the season . . . well, of course it must be Fall. Ingles has pumpkins in their produce department . . . that's as good an indication that Fall is here as a printed date in the Farmer's Almanac. And at $3.98 a pumpkin, we're stocking up! Look at these two beauties on my front porch.

I keep my front porch decorated with live pumpkins right up through Halloween. I love their color. And then there's carving them, and lighting up their innards every evening when I get home, a gaggle of glowing personalities on my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment