Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Screen is Done!

I finished it last night. It was worth all the time and effort I put into it! The big lesson here is to find a project in something damaged or worn. In this case (as I posted when I made the purchase), there was a tear in the fabric backing of the screen. I asked the store manager if I could buy it at a discount and he said "but it's ripped!?!" He knew not with whom he spoke. Onward home, a damaged Shoji screen with "project" written all over it.

I will take a picture of the full screen when I can get some decent light. In the meantime, here is a section of it. I think the black filagree stencil-like paper was such a great addition. I used roughly 30 different patterns of scrapbook and origami paper for the panes, cutting then gluing each one individually.

I think I might go back and ask the manager if he has any more torn screens. I could make one for my living room, with perhaps just a few colors and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment