Monday, September 1, 2008

The project is now officially fun!

The painting of the screen is all done and now I'm gluing all the cut pieces of scrapbook and origami paper on. I created the pattern (or rather placement; there is no pattern) and then picked them up in an order that I would then remember when I went to glue them in place. It's mindless, relaxing work. And I'm seeing the progress. The study is a bit messy, and will remain messy for probably the next week or so.

I placed the screen on a white tablecloth so that I could easily see all my tools. And by using a tablecloth, I can easily move the screen over the surface of the table (and without scratching it or the screen).

More projects to come:

1) I have an entire wall in our rumpus room covered in pictures, plates and sculptural things. I want to redo the wall and so I've started taking pictures down and relegating them to the attic or Goodwill.
2) I bought rods for my bedroom curtains. They're brushed silver with simple finials. And then I got silver drapery rings with the cafe clips. I decided to make my curtains out of dropcloths, yes dropcloths. (I've used these lightweight canvas dropcloths with much success as tablecloths for my office's annual Thanksgiving Feast. They launder well and iron beautifully.) I'm going to stencil on some filagrees at the top in the paint color of my room and add some white accents. Wish me luck on this one!
3) My Fall scarecrow. I've sketched out how I want it to look. She's rather charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment