Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sweet Gift

My new assistant at work, Ashley, went home over the holiday weekend. Her mom, whom I've never met (even though Tim, their son, used to be my assistant years and years ago, so I sorta go back a ways with the family) knows that I like shells. Ashley showed up at work on Tuesday with this gift to me from her mom. Shells that she's had forever and thought I might like. Of course . . . I love them. Not only are they beautiful, but the simple gesture of thinking of me is what makes them treasures. Thank you, Phyllis. And I love that she gave them to me in the box that she had been keeping them in, complete with a label "seashells."

P.S. Got an email from Phyllis a day after I did this post. She said to give her husband some credit for the gift since the shells are ones that he has collected since he was a kid. Even more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment