Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thrifting Bonanza

After I dropped Gideon off at the groomer's yesterday, despite all I had to do at home, I stopped in to two nearby thrift stores and will share with you my great finds over the course of the next few posts.

First, a quilt. It didn't have a price on it so I took it up to the register. "How does $6 sound?" the girl asked, "But I think there's a sham to go with it. Let's have a look." She found the sham, which had a tag that said "Sham and quilt — $45." Oops. She said she had already quoted me $6, so she stuck with that price! Harleigh is in a hippy-girl phase AND needed a bedspread, so this was a great purchase.
Harleigh loves daisies, so I picked this up for her room as well. This little print has a sage green velvet matte which makes it even more charming.
Vintage linen napkins.
This quilt stand has been in the one thrift store forever, marked at $45. On this trip it was marked down to $5. Snagged by Mama Gahan.

No comments:

Post a Comment