Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Contradiction to Discipline vs. Physical Abuse

So a child should walk around all day feeling scared in their own home? I would be terrified if I knew whenever I did something wrong I would be hit. That is like walking on egg-shells in a place where you should be allowed to be comfortable and be yourself.

Parents should take a different approach on discipline. We are in the 21st century and we don't need to do this any more. How about "Son if you don't stop doing that, you will get your phone taken away." or "Bring your grades up or your not going out for the next month." If children are disciplined properly at a young age they will not act out when they get older and therefore do not ever need to be hit.


I understand that people who were hit as kids are bound to do it to their children but we need to break this vicious cycle. It kills me to see a child hurt especially if it were my own.

DJ Brummer

No comments:

Post a Comment