Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stick Shift

Our family recently got a jeep. This jeep, as you may have guessed, is manual. Since this car was going to be the car I would be driving most of the time, I had a big task on my hands! I first went out driving with my dad. We took the highway to Montrose. By the time we got there, I was mentally exhausted! My dad took over. The next day my mom took me driving. We went to a big hill. Hills are the hardest obstacles you will face while driving a stick shift. We spent over three hours on this hill. The next day I did not enjoy driving the jeep. I did not want to practice, but I was forced! To my surprise, the hill was much easier. I then drove around town (avoiding Keller Drive) This was the third day I had gotten to practice. For the first week my brother took the jeep most of the time. I was too afraid to drive at night. But when school came around, I was ready! I did not kill it once!

Today I love driving the jeep. It is just plain fun to drive. I find myself, when in an automatic car, to feel like I should be doing something. Driving a stick shift is not a difficult task at all! It just takes a few practice days and a couple YouTube videos! Gook luck next time you try.


-Emmie Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment