Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Bedroom Lamp

Reading in bed can be a real challenge. You want great light but you don't want to sacrifice pretty lamps to get it. I've been looking for a bigger nightstand lamp that casts better light. My other lamp was sweet but just didn't cut it. Today, while out looking for a chest of drawers for Harleigh's room, I came across this lamp and fell in love with it. It's the Chris Madden Shenzhen lamp and is discontinued. It's a $300 lamp that was on sale for $99 and the sweet gal at the checkout gave me a 20% discount (from a newspaper flyer that I had no clue about but she pretended that I did and pulled one from under the counter to scan; gotta love retail help with a heart).The first thing Harleigh said when she saw it was "I think it's too big for the table" to which I responded, "but I really love it so who cares." It's a beautiful, serene shade of seaglass blue and it has a crackled finish. The accents are silver, which clash with the gold accents in the room, but . . . then I remember my favorite spread in this month's Country Living, where the homeowner mixes gold and silver, and I think that what I've done is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment