Saturday, April 17, 2010

Summer Jobs


For all of you out there who don't have a job yet, now (actually before now) is the time to start applying. Nobody wants to be sitting at home all summer. I know if I do, I will be put to work by my mom. So... get out there and apply. Some good choices for a high schooler with little to no experience include:


  • The Park District - you can work mornings or nights. Jobs range from umpiring to keeping stats to babysitting kids.
  • Babysitting - Unless you're allergic to kids, try finding a job where you can babysit. The hours are usually from 8 - 5 (a typical work schedule) so that leaves the night open to go out.
  • Lawn Mowing - This pays the big bucks. Everyone has little old ladies who will pay $25 to have their tiny lawn mowed. Easy money.
  • Lifeguarding at the Kluthe Pool - Anyone can do it, I guarantee. If I don't know a bunch of lazier people, its the lifeguards. They sit on their butts all day either saying "go" or "no running." Doesn't get much easier than that. Plus, you will get a nice tan!

So quit being lazy and start saving up now. College is expensive and every little bit helps!

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment