Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Major Advertisers Flocking to MZone 2.0

"MZone.  Very Nice!"
Back during the halcyon days of the original MZone (OMZ!  Represent!), when Benny and I were introducing the college football blogosphere to wayward cheerleaders and new terminology such as the Buckstache, we used to get a fair number of requests to advertise on the site.  However, I always turned them down because then I'd actually have to keep this thing going.  And we all saw how well that went for the last 2+ years.

We also got a lot of inquiries about reciprocal linkage with other blogs.  A lot of them were betting sites that I wouldn't visit so I wasn't going to send our readers there.

Since our return with MZone 2.0: The Blog Who Shagged Me, I received one advertising inquiry and the linkage request below that I simply had to share.  Oh man.  Judging from the sentence structure and grammar, either the Nigerian dude who clogs all of our inboxes has started blogging, or Borat is a fan and wants to woo the audience here on the MZone.  Behold...


------------------

Hello Sir/Madam,

While I am searching for the fantasy football related blogs, I viewed your blog

(http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/).

You have lot of updated and upto date information about football events and players.  I have sports blog http://REMOVED.  I will link your blog.

Please give a link in your blog http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/ with the below information.

Title: Fantasy Football
Url: http://REMOVED
Description: REMOVED.COM offers fantasy football information, Football player ratings, football
updates and more.

Expecting positive reply from you.
Thanks
Tom

-------------------

Now, while this may come as a shock, I didn't take "Tom" up on this awesome opportunity to get the MZone in front of his obviously massive group of hackers audience and present our readers with the chance of getting a virus put on their computer great fantasy football information when they clicked on "Tom's" link .

But the very offer itself from such a respected blogger such as "Tom" shows that the MZone is back, baby!

Meet "Tom"

No comments:

Post a Comment