Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guam: My home

Today, I decided to blog about one place I call my home: Guam. (just as a side note, I was born in Guam.) Guam is a tiny island in the Pacific Ocean. It's Capital is Hagatna, and it is 209 square miles in size. The first people who lived on Guam were the Chamorros, who are my ancestors. During WWII, Guam was held by the Japanese, until the Americans moved in and helps the Chammoros in their time of need. Every year on July 21st, they celebrate this day as Liberation Day, and have a parade and everything. I've been to one and its really fun. Guam, surprisingly has its own governor, Felix Camacho. The reason I love to go to Guam is the weather. Its always sunny so i can go to the beach, hang out with my cousins, or do anything. I would do anything just to go back to Guam on vacation.

-Jordan Tabbert

No comments:

Post a Comment