Friday, March 19, 2010

Bad News Day

Unfortunately, my family watches Fox New Channel a lot. And, you can tell when they have something to report and when they don't. For example, when they actually have news to report-- lets take the Chile earthquake--they do a good job of reporting, in my opinion. They have so much information that they have to tell only the most important event and can't say it all.

Though, when they have a bad news day they seem to take the smallest thing ever and make it having to deal with politics blaming the democrats constantly. Also, when it's a bad news day they will take the smallest thing and talk about it forever. Such as recently-- when the children were up in an air traffic control room, and helping planes take off.

Sure, tell me the new BRIEFLY, but don't take up sixty minutes of my life to do it. Then, when they also have something small to report on they bring in all these so-called big people to say how terrible it was. That is another thing that drives me nuts! Can't there ever just be a good news day for once instead of all this bad news. Instead of showing me someone who robbed a bank, show me some one who did something great like help charity, etc. If I was trying to solve this problem, I would switch the news to airing how it use to be. Where there was an hour of news in the morning, and one hour of news in the evening, you should only report what truly matters. Second, I would get some one that could report the news honestly (if this is even possible) without putting their twist on things.

By Nic Koester

No comments:

Post a Comment