Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Picture of Dorian Gray Review

Lately we've been in novel bootcamp in AP English. 2 books in four weeks! My eyes hurt and I'm having surgery on my overused imagination soon. Mrs. Cross asked someone to write about The Picture of Dorian Gray because the sophomores are reading it, I think. Maybe they're done with it. I don't know. Either way, on to the review.

Hands down, The Picture of Dorian Gray was the best book of all the novels I've been forced to read in high school. It was made into a Great Illustrated Classic, so you know it's good, and that means it has nice pictures and big letters for the underclassmen! The book was suspenseful, actiony (new word: yes), and somewhat romantic (for the ladies). In my own intellectual world, I enjoyed the philosophies that drove the book. If that's not for you, then there's plenty of things to enjoy about the book.

It's short; it's super super sweet. Read it. Now. Seriously.
-Myles

No comments:

Post a Comment