Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Speeches

Your heart drops to your stomach, your palms start to sweat, a heat wave of embarrassment flows from head to toe. Everyone gets nervous during speeches.

I know I am one of the worst. I can be so confident going into a speech but the second I turn and see the crowd, everything falls apart. My knees will buckle up and I can't stand the pressure of 30+ eyes on me.

Here are some more than helpful tips to keep you confident during your speech making in any situation.

1. Be confident about your subject. It may not be what you wanna do, but if you study what your talking about, you can be sure in yourself. It looks much better too.

2. Stand up tall. Even if you don't know what your talking about, act like you do.

3. Use cue cards. Don't write your exact speech down on these cue cards, but a phrase that will make you think of your point. (This will work better if you know your topic.)
4. Take a deep breath and read slowly in a conversational tone. Picture your best friend in the audience and just talk to them, but in correct English.

5. Just remember short and sweet. Don't ramble.

6. Leave them laughing. Everyone loves a good joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment