Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spring Cleaning (in Winter)

I realize now, after intensely cleaning my house with my grandmother, that Spring Cleaning is not only for spring. In the winter, it clears up all that junk you know you accumulate under your bed in the six to nine months between spring and winter, and you'll never believe what stuff you'll find that you completely forgot you had. So if you haven't started cleaning already in light of Christmas and hoards of family, I recommend you dig out all that stuff you have stuffed in your closet (under piles of more stuff), and sort it out. Trust me, you'll be amazed at what you find (after you get over the annoyance of the huge pile of junk in the middle of your room that used to be in your closet/under your bed).

Here's a list of some of the random items I found under my bed while cleaning:



1. A Christmas sweater I got out in March for a theme party (perfect timing!)

2. A $30 gift card to JC Penny's (expired)

3. A folded up sheet (purple, in case you were wondering)

4. Three deflated beach balls

5. Gilmore Girls Complete Boxed Set on DVD

6. A list of the things I thought about getting for my sister's birthday in June

7. Two ancient-looking books

8. A Spiderman mask and water gun

9. Half of a $20 bill (the other half's whereabouts are unknown)

10. And a partridge in a pear tree (not really, but it sounded cool!)



Happy winter-stuff-hunting!

Leah Sloan

No comments:

Post a Comment