Friday, December 4, 2009

Interview With The New 'Taylor Swift'


Mrs. Cross suggested we write a blog, so I decided I would interview Jackie Wortman about her wonderful talent.. Singing.

So, Jackie.. How did you come about singing?
JW: I started singing lessons in second grade, my mom signed me up for it.

Interesting, did you enjoy it at first? Or completely hated it?
JW: I always like it but, sometimes I got tired of it.

How did you start playing the guitar?
JW: When I was in seventh grade Taylor Swift just came out with a new song. I hear it when me and my mom were in the car. The guy on the radio said she started playing the guitar when she was 10. So I was like 'Mom, can I take guitar lessons?' And yeah, the next week she signed me up!

So, how exciting was it when you received 1st place in the Effingham County Fair Talent Show?!
JW: It was really exciting. Especially since all my friends were there in the crowd (hint hint Avery=]) And I was really excited about going to state. Oh, and I liked getting free lemon shake-ups at the fair.

Who's your favorite singer?
JW: It's a tie between Norah Jones and Elton John.

Why are they your favorite singers?
JW: Norah Jones because she plays the piano and the guitar! And her songs aren't that high which is good because I can sing it then. And Elton John because he's amazing at the piano and his music never gets old.

Are you thinking about being a professional singer?
JW: Well, I want music to be apart of my career. But I want to be a flight attendant for a couple of years because I love to travel. Or I want to be a chef.

If someone famous like Carrie Underwood would ask you to tour with them sometime in the next few years, would you?
JW: Uhhh, yeah! That'd be crazy.. but it's not going to happen, so lets just not talk about it.

Do you get stage fright?
JW: I use to at first. But when I started cantoring in 8th grade I wasn't nervous anymore.

So, do you ever see pink elephants?
JW: I wish..

If you haven't heard Jackie sing, you are missing out. She's the new Taylor Swift, but better!

~Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment