Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Google Speech

I did my informative speech on Google and how it was created. It started with Sergey Brin and Larry Page. They were two college students at the University of Stanford who were pursuing their Ph.D's. They, with the help of other students, created a system called PageRank that ranks webpages by how important they are. This is the system that Google still currently uses and it is why Google is the most visited web site in the world. When they first invented this system they applied it to the Internet right away and made their very own search engine. They then dropped out of Stanford to work on Google more and more. They moved into a garage and then Google started to become more and more popular. They got a lot of help from investors who donated money to help Larry and Sergey buy more computers. Google now has about 2 billion searches a day which is about 23000 searches per second. Overall i think i did very well on my speech. I think that I presented the information well but I should have made more eye contact. I also should have not moved around so much during my speech.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment