Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Speech: Silvio Berlusconi

I made my informative speech about Silvio Berlusconi. Everybody was like: "Who is this?" well he is a man from Italy that now is the Prime minister of the Italian Republic. In his early life he was a really famous entrepreneur, was in the building trade sector and then with those money he bought his own cable tv company, that now is the most famous tv in Italy. Berlusconi also own A.C. Milan, soccer team from Milan that won 17 Italian cups and 9 European champions league. In the 1994 Berlusconi decided to run for the new election and he won by a lot of vote. He is known for his strange sense of humor, one time they asked him what he thinks about Obama and he said: " He is young, he is tan, I like him".

I thought that my speech was pretty good, but I made some mistakes: I didn't make eye contact all the time and my posture was not really professional. I hope that everybody enjoyed my speech and I would recommend reading something about him, because he has a really interesting life.


*Considering that English is not your first language, you do an amazing job--and your speeches are always really interesting and entertaining. More important than eye contact and posture is the connection you have with your audience. You do extremely well in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment