Monday, May 10, 2010

Sweden

My informative speech was on Sweden. I learned 9 Swedish words for this and became a whiz at pronouncing them. Hey, my name is Jenny and I am going to talk with you about Sweden. I used this to introduce my speech. I talked about Sweden in general, about their government and their climate and landscape. I also talked about their holidays and the influence Sweden has had on our daily lives. For example, both H&M and IKEA are Swedish along with Volvo and Saab. Alfred Nobel, the founder of the Nobel Prize is also Swedish. I did pretty well on my speech, but I didn't have it memorized so I had to look down at my notes.

Jenny Schmidt

*Opening up with Swedish was really cool... you'll have to come in next year and teach Swedish to the English II classes (think...major bonus points for AP Lang).

No comments:

Post a Comment