Saturday, May 8, 2010

McDonald's Informative Speech

Last week I gave a speech on: "What exactly is in your McDonald's cheeseburger and how it gets there." I explained to the people in my speech class the ingredients of the: ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, cheese, bun, and the beef. But, what I think got my class the most was the fact that I had a cheeseburger and fries that I had bought on March 30, 2010 and it looked exactly the same, almost as if I just bought it yesterday. I decided try it out when I read about someone on the Internet who had a twelve year-old cheeseburger, that still looked the exact same.. disgusting right? Yes, this is because McDonald's beef is from South America and they don't have to follow the same rules and precautions that cattle farmers have to follow from the US, so therefore it contains pesticides and fillers.

My speech was far from perfect and during my speech I should have not used the words: "like" and "uhm" and I should have stood still rather than move about. But, overall I was pretty happy with it!

Faith Hook
*Your speech was really fascinating, Faith--everyone was really impressed and even other classes wanted to know about it. In case anyone wants to see it, the burger and fries Faith bought in March are still in the classroom (by her presentation visual)--they are the new class mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment