Saturday, May 1, 2010

Umpiring

During the summers, I have the opportunity to umpire for "Machine Pitch" and "Kid Pitch". The kids age range is about 6 - 10 year olds, but in two different leagues. I umpired quite a bit last year, so for the first games of the season, I was chosen to umpire, which is a good thing. Now, some people might ask why, well I like umpiring, and I make money while I do it. The prices change from game to game, and if your behind the plate, or in the field. For the "machine Pitch" games, we get paid 15$ in both spots. For the "Kid Pitch" games, the field ump get 15$ and the plate ump gets 20$. To be a umpire, you have to pay very close attention and know all the rules. This way, you can make the right call on the most random plays. Last evening, I umped behind the plate, so I made like 35$. But it was the first game of the season, which meant there were some bad calls. Oh well..



Josh Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment