Thursday, May 6, 2010

ISU Cheer

I recently tried out for Illinois State University Cheerleading and make the squad. Before trying out I was having trouble deciding where to attend school next year, but making the squad made my decision for me. How could I ever pass up this great opportunity?



At tryouts, I met many new people and all my future teammates. While tryouts came with a happy ending for me and many others, it was not so for some. No one in the stunting group I tried out with made it, and one girl who had been on the squad 3 years will not be returning.



I look forward to meeting many more new people and continuing cheerleading throughout college. My college cheerleading experience starts soon... next weekend. I will be cheering my first ever FOOTBALL game. Should be interesting since I do not know how to play football.



If anyone wants to travel up to Bloomington next fall or winter, I will be cheering football and basketball games and will be happy to see familiar faces in the stands!!



Kelly Jansen

No comments:

Post a Comment