Saturday, November 21, 2009

Class of 2010


In 1998, the Effingham Daily News asked all the kindergarten students attending the Early Learning Center, Sacred Heart Grade School, and Edgewood Grade School the following two questions:



  1. What do you want to be when you grow up and why?

  2. Who do you admire most and why?

The results were published and I’m lucky enough my mom was just as crazy then as she is now and saved it. I recently found this article. Now I am asking the class of 2010 these same questions they answered over 10 years ago, as well as their reaction to their kindergarten answers. I will post three of these at a time so keep checking the blog for new ones!


1. What do you want to do now? What is your intended major? And where do you hope to attend school?


2. Who do you admire most and why?


3. What is your reaction to your kindergarten responses? Do you still feel that way at all? Or maybe the exact opposite?




Matthew Hecht


(kindergarten)



  1. I want to be a policeman. I could have a gun and handcuffs. I could surround bad guys.

  2. I admire my brother. He is really big and good at sports.

(now)


1. I want to be a financial advisor. I want to attend the University of Illinois


2. My parents, because they are always there for me.


3. WOW.





Eric Horin


(kindergarten)


1. I want to be a dentist because my dad works there.


2. I admire my mom because she hugs me.




(now)


1. I want to be an orthodontist. I will major in biology or chemistry so I can get into dental school.


2. I admire my father because he accomplished his dream and started his own business.


3. I had no idea who I was in kindergarten. I still look up to my dad and want to go to dental school.




Justin Schutzbach


(kindergarten)


1. I want to become a policeman, because my dad is a policeman.


2. The person I admire most is my mom because she cooks good pumpkin pie. She wakes me up in the mornings.




(now)


1. Become a police officer and attend school in Weston, IL


2. My grandpa because he teaches me a lot of different things and is always there for me.


3. I still want to be a police officer, but I admire my grandpa now. My mom still makes good pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment