Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Interview with Joy Jones

For my creative writing class, I chose to interview Joy Jones: math teacher extraordinaire. This was an odd interview though, as she preferred to write the answers to my questions down herself on a sheet of paper that I provided. Anyway, here are the questions i wrote out for her, and the answers she wrote back:



QUESTION (Q): How long have you been teaching?

ANSWER (A):32 years at St. A and 3 years at public schools.



Q: Why did you become a math teacher?

A: I liked math.



Q: What is your favorite class to teach?

A: AP Calculus and Advanced Math.



Q: Do you like your college algebra students better? (That's my class)

A: Of course.



Q: What was your favorite grade that you ever taught?

A: I actually couldn't read what she wrote for this one...sorry Mrs. Jones...



Q: Who is your favorite student?

A: Too many to name!



Q: Are the freshman as bad as Mary Jo and I were?

A: NO!



Q: Are you and Poston archenemies?

A: Of course.



Q: What about Mrs. Stolz?

A: Definitely.





Well, even though she won't say it, I still think Mary Jo Bushur is her all-time favorite student. And her favorite class to teach SHOULD have been our freshman year Algebra I class. (not that I could read her writing for that question anyway..)

And Mary Jo and I weren't really THAT bad.

And the fact that she likes math is a tad bit strange...

But overall, Mrs. Jones answered my questions pretty well. So, thanks Jones!



--Lieren Schuette

No comments:

Post a Comment