Monday, February 8, 2010

In 1998, the Effingham Daily News asked all the kindergarten students attending the Early Learning Center, Sacred Heart Grade School, and Edgewood Grade School the following two questions:
What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
Who do you admire most and why?
The results were published and I’m lucky enough my mom was just as crazy then as she is now and saved it. I recently found this article. Now I am asking the class of 2010 these same questions they answered over 10 years ago, as well as their reaction to their kindergarten answers. I will post three of these at a time so keep checking the blog for new ones!


This is my second posting!
1. What do you want to do now? What is your intended major? And where do you hope to attend school?
2. Who do you admire most and why?
3. What is your reaction to your kindergarten responses? Do you still feel that way at all? Or maybe the exact opposite?

Caroline Robb

(kindergarten)
1. A pet shop worker so I can see animals everyday and show them to people.

2. My cousin Beth because she is always nice and helpful.
(now)
1. I intend to major in biology & minor in music at Washington University in St. Louis. I plan to attend medical school and work in oncology, hopefully in research.

2. I admire my grandmother because she was a strong, kind, & religious woman.

3. I don't even remember answering these questions, but I can see myself saying that.

Jessica Andrews
(kindergarten)
1. I want to be an ice cream maker because I like ice cream.
2. Judy, because she is my best friend. (Judy was the Spanish Student Teacher)
(now)
1. I want to become a teacher. I am going to Lakeland.
2. My dad, he's always there for me and we spend a lot of time together.
3. I seriously died laughing. I couldn't believe I wanted to be an ice cream maker.

Britney Walters

(kindergarten)
1.A ballerina because you get to wear a skirt and have lots of fun. I think it's great.

2. Mommy and Daddy and my sister and brother because they're my favorites.

(now)
1.photography or something in art. I hope to attend Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago, but I'm more likely to attend Lakeland.

2. My grandparents and my aunt. They're so caring, it's hard not to love them.

3. haha, I laughed. They were so cute. I can't believe I wrote that. Now I have other "favorites" and I do other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment