Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Littles

One of these days, probably when I'm completely gray-haired, retired from the job, and spending my days painting on the beach or gardening with a big straw hat on and an apron tied at my waist . . . I will have a dollhouse project. And just like when I was pregnant with a little girl and collecting dress-up clothes, high heels and jewelry for her to one day play with, I'm beginning to search out what I'll need for The Dollhouse Project.

A few weeks ago, in a local thrift store, I spotted a box hidden beneath a table. And inside it was a ton of plastic and metal dollhouse furniture along with dolls. They happen to be vintage Littles. And Dan, the thrift store owner (who knows me by first name . . . ahhh, dahling, to be a thrift store celebrity) said he had the house in the back. Bought the whole lot. Here are just a few of the pieces. Oozing charm.

A drop-leaf table. I want one my size. Looks like it belongs in a Hansel & Gretel cottage.




Look at the tilt-top tea table . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment