Thursday, February 4, 2010

Office Baby Shower for Amanda and Rob

This was a super simple shower to put together. Our office space is a bit of a challenge though. The space (an old train roundhouse) is vast, especially in height. And so small-scale decorations can get lost in such a big area. For this baby shower I decided to use what I had on hand for inspiration and decorating. Having headed up the Christmas decorating committee at my church for years, I have quite a stash of stuff in church storage that I can pull from. So I decided to borrow a big tub of snowflakes from the sanctuary decor two years ago . . . and do the shower in a winter baby theme.





This was sort of a goofy addition, but a fun touch. (Harleigh used the word "creepy." Not what I was going for.) The kewpie baby is in a field of epsom salt snow. And the frosted glass holds a tealight candle.

Got the cake at Publix; had them ice it flat on the top and sides, then decorated it myself with candy snowflakes and a rubber ducky.

White plastic cups adorned with "snowball" ball fringe and rick rack.

Took snowflake ribbon and cut individual flakes, then glued them onto the forks. Nestled a bunch into a vintage glass canister.


[Thanks for the pix, Mr. Naugle.]

No comments:

Post a Comment